THE TRUTH ABOUT DRUGS
WHY YOU CAN’T TRUST THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA OUTLETS TO GIVE IT TO YOU
I make my living off the Evening News
Just give me somethin’, somethin’ I can use
People love it when you lose, they love dirty laundry
You don’t really need to find out what’s goin’ on
You don’t really want to know just how far it’s gone
Just leave well enough alone, eat your dirty laundry
– Eagles front man, Don Henley, from 1982’s solo effort, Can’t Stand Still (Dirty Laundry) One of our inalienable rights as Americans is Freedom of the Press. In fact, it’s so important that the very first provision of our Bill of Rights says….
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
A free press is critical to the political process. That way, we the public can (hopefully) be properly informed about the important events that shape our nation. The problem is that our press is not really free. Beyond being beholden to certain ideologies or causes (conservative, liberal, republican, democrat, socialism / communism, capitalism, etc, etc, etc), the big media outlets are all in bed with corporate America. Don’t believe me? Let’s talk advertising dollars for a moment.
Whether you’re a fan of Fox News, MSNBC, Al Jazeera, or something similar, they’re all beholden to their corporate sponsors. Sponsors pay to play via direct to consumer advertising,ridiculous PSA’S, and PRESS RELEASES disguised as news stories. Although estimates vary wildly, if you thumb back through my posts on EVIDENCE-BASED MEDICINE, you’ll see that BIG PHARMA’S annual spending on advertising is thought to be twenty times more than what they spend on research and development — an estimated 60 billion dollars.
Sure, the press might run a story about a new study showing HOW DANGEROUS a certain drugs is, while rubbing their pointer fingers together and saying, ‘shame, shame, shame‘. But doggedly sticking with it and following the money trails to THE GOVERNMENT; not so much. They know that in our short-attention-span society, nothing says yesterday’s news like “yesterday’s news”. There’s always that next story to make people forget about what happened today. And after all, few people or business have enough integrity to bite the hand that feeds them too hard. Here are a few of those “forgotten” stories.
- A study published 12 years ago (HERE) said that medicine is the number one cause of death in America. Just two months ago, one of the oldest and most prestigious medical journals on the planet (British Medical Journal) admitted that these numbers are at least in the ball park. The truth is, the practice of medicine is dangerous to your health (HERE), but you’re hearing very little about this.
- Researchers continue to manipulate their endgame by publishing only those studies that show their products in a good light, while burying the rest (HERE).
- The medical community is weighted down by a constant stream of BRIBERY.
- As few as 1% of medical errors or adverse events are ever reported to the proper authorities (HERE and HERE).
- Evidence-Based Medicine is decreasingly based on science, and increasingly based on the highest bid (HERE or HERE).
- The individuals that run the government entities created to protect the public from BIG PHARMA have their collective hands in the cookie jar (HERE).
Simply browse titles on my EBM PAGE and you’ll see that this is just scratching the surface. If you want the truth about drugs, you’ll have to dig a bit. And if you want to solve your health issues or lose that weight without drugs, I have just the thing for you — and it’s completely free (HERE).